Crab & Fennel Spaghetti
1 bulb of fennel
150 g dried spaghetti
1 fresh red chilli
160 g mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 160 g pasteurised crab meat
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-low heat.
- Trim the fennel, pick and reserve any leafy tops, then halve the bulb and finely slice it. Place in the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water.
- Deseed and finely slice the chilli, stir into the fennel pan and cook uncovered until soft and sticky, stirring occasionally.
- Halve the tomatoes and toss into the pan for 2 minutes, followed by the crabmeat and, 1 minute later, the drained pasta.
- Loosen with a splash of reserved cooking water, if needed, then season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, sprinkle over any reserved fennel tops and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy.